Thursday 5 July 2012

Holidays

I love the holidays because sometimes  I can go outside and swing on my swing set.Yesterday I was sitting on my swing set and guess what, I saw a little red
squirrel running down the ladder of my playscape!! In my book I found a very cute poem about squirrels. This is how it goes:

The Squirrel
Whisky, frisky,
Hippity hop.
Up he goes
To the tree top

Whirly, twirly,
Round and round,
Down he scampers
To the ground.

Furly, curly,
What a tail!
Tall as a feather,
Broad as a sail!

Where's his supper?
In the shell,
Snappity, crackity,
Out it fell!

Anonymous (hmm mysterious!)




10 comments:

  1. Very very well done! You write so well and I really loved your poem.

    You said in Belgium it rains a lot, what do you like to do when it rains??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. When it rains in Belgium, my favourite thing to do is drink hot chocolate and read a book

      Delete
  2. I love that you take the time to notice these small, but beautiful moments in your world. Reading your words helps us all to appreciate them too. Thank you! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I will try and keep writing!

      Delete
  3. Lyra and I went for a walk yesterday and we had a squirrel scamper up a tree right over head - the poem you chose really captured how the squirrel moved around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Ilana, I love the poem you chose. Keep up the good work!

    Love,

    Christin and all of the B-P girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute poem! I can just imagine the squirrel scampering down to the ground on your Playscape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a very cute squirrel!

    ReplyDelete